Did You Know?
Mesothelioma Lung cancer is the leading cause of death in asbestos-related injuries and illnesses.
Asbestos and Mesothelioma
Asbestos has been linked to mesothelioma cancer. Mesothelioma cancer is a group of diseases related to asbestos exposure. The two most common diseases related to asbestos lung cancer are asbestosis and mesothelioma, with pleural mesothelioma being the most common form of mesothelioma.
ASBESTOS AND MESOTHELIOMA CANCER
- Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. Mesothelioma cancer comes from inhaling or digesting asbestos dust particles. Mesothelioma is a life-threatening disease and should not be left untreated. Most cases of mesothelioma begin in the pleura or peritoneum.
- Mesothelioma cancer occurs in the thin layer of tissue that covers your internal organs (mesothelium). The mesothelium is a membrane that covers and protects most of the internal organs of the body. It is composed of two layers of cells: One layer immediately surrounds the organ; the other forms a sac around it.
- The mesothelium produces a lubricating fluid that is released between these layers, allowing moving organs (such as the beating heart and the expanding and contracting lungs) to glide easily against adjacent structures.
- Mesothelioma is most common in the pleura (outer lining of the lungs and chest cavity), but it may also occur in the peritoneum (the lining of the abdominal cavity) or the pericardium (a sac that surrounds the heart).
- Most people who develop mesothelioma have worked on jobs where they inhaled asbestos particles, or they have been exposed to asbestos dust and fibre in other ways, such as by washing the clothes of a family member who worked with asbestos.
There are funds available for mesothelioma victims
ASBESTOS AND MESOTHELIOMA - CANCER SYMPTOMS
Mesothelioma symptoms include shortness of breath due to pleural effusion (fluid between the lung and the chest wall) or chest wall pain, and general symptoms such as weight loss
Asbestos Mesothelioma Cancer Symptoms:
- abdominal pain
- bowel function problems
- chest wall pain
- weight loss
- pleural effusion, or fluid surrounding the lung
- shortness of breath
- fatigue or anemia
- wheezing, hoarseness, or cough
- blood in the sputum (fluid) coughed up (hemoptysis)
Mesothelioma Lung Cancer Symptoms in Severe Cases:
- blood clots in the veins, which may cause thrombophlebitis
- disseminated intravascular coagulation, a disorder causing severe bleeding in many body organs
- jaundice, or yellowing of the eyes and skin
- low blood sugar level
- pleural effusion
- pulmonary emboli, or blood clots in the arteries of the lungs
Asbestos and Mesothelioma - What are my legal rights?
NEW MESOTHELIOMA LUNG CANCER CASES
- It has been well documented for many years that asbestos exposure can result in the development of deadly cancers, particularly Mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma has a latency period of 20 to 50 years after the first exposure to asbestos. It is estimated that there will be about 250,000 cases of Mesothelioma before 2020.
- There are currently about 3000 new cases of Mesothelioma diagnosed per year, mostly in men over the age of 40.
- About 4,000 People die each year from Mesothelioma. During the 20th century, some 30 million tons of asbestos were used in industrial sites, homes, schools, shipyards and commercial buildings in the U. S.
- More than 700,000 people have filed claims against more than 6,000 Asbestos companies.
Connecting you with Asbestos Lawyers Nationwide!
This site is dedicated to providing important information on asbestos & mesothelioma cancers. We help Asbestos patients and families make educated decisions about how to proceed with filing asbestos and Mesothelioma claims. Those dealing with asbestos cancers face a number of challenges, including the tremendous costs of treatment. If you were unknowingly exposed to harmful levels of asbestos, you have legal rights and there is compensation help available for you.
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER - EXPERIENCE
Law firms that we work with concentrate only on asbestos and mesothelioma cases. We have experience placing people with experienced Mesothelioma Lawyers for five years. We will actually walk you the process of connecting you with an experienced Mesothelioma lawyer in your state.
We help Asbestos and Mesothelioma patients and their families get in touch with legal and medical professionals. We help keep the public aware of new discoveries in treatments for Asbestos and Asbestos cancers. We also maintain a current online Mesothelioma Dictionary of Legal & Medical Terms and we keep you up to date on current legal settlements for asbestos cases.
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER - CHOICES
Deciding which Asbestos Lawyer to represent you and your case is very important. Choosing the right Asbestos Lawyer will also be important to your settlement. You are entitled to an experienced Mesothelioma Lawyer who has a track record of success in Mesothelioma lawsuits
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER - LOSS OF A LOVED ONE
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with an Asbestos or mesothelioma cancer, or a family member has died as a result, you may be entitled to recover compensation from the companies that made these asbestos products.
MESOTHELIOMA LAWYER - FILING A LAWSUIT
It is not uncommon for there to be 10-20 parties that are named in an asbestos lawsuit that are located across the United States. For example, a worker in California may have been exposed to asbestos from asbestos products shipped from Libby, Montana or from an iron ore plant in St. Paul Minnesota. This is why it is very important to obtain an experienced Mesothelioma Lawyer that knows all of the companies in each state who have responsibility for your asbestos exposure.
We have helped people with Mesothelioma cancer for more than six years on the Internet. The Mesothelioma Help Center is designed to give you quick & simple answers about Mesothelioma treatments, mesothelioma exposure, Mesothelioma diagnosis, Mesothelioma symptoms, Mesothelioma doctors, and we can refer you to an experienced Mesothelioma Lawyer in who has successfully settled Mesothelioma cases.
We help with you file Mesothelioma and Asbestos-related claims in each state
Call us toll free at 800.291.0963 or use quick contact form located at the right of this page and we will contact you within 24 hours.